For the past week, I was trying to change my blog from Blogspot to WordPress. I've searched on Youtube and google it; well, there's a lot of ways. It's not much to work on; you need to spend a little time on it and maybe some money to invest in your blog if you are serious about Blogging.
If you are looking at how to transfer your blog from Blogspot to WordPress, this is a simple and short tutorial on how to do it using NetKL.
At first, I would recommend a Blogspot for a beginner. And Yes, it is a recommendable platform if you just started your blog. It's easy. However, as far as I know, there are many blogging platforms, but the two will always come as my first choice, Blogspot and WordPress.
How to transfer your blog from Blogspot to WordPress?
It took me an hour for trying to understand how this process goes. Fortunately, I was able to transfer my blog to another blogging platform. You only need a couple of hours or maybe less than that.
So, here is the step:
1) Webhosting and domain.
In the first step, you need to find a Webhosting and a domain. Here is the list,
- Exabytes (Malaysian)
- NetKL (Malaysian)
I choose NetKL Webhosting because it was cheaper and easy to follow the setting. If you are interesting, click HERE to see their offering.
2) Install WordPress and set up your blog.
When you already had your domain and a Webhosting. You can install WordPress via the cPanel of each Webhosting you choose. So, in other words, after you finish setting up your blog, you can import your blog from Blogspot.
3) Export your blog from Blogger.
- Log in to your Blogspot.
- Go to dashboard > setting > Other.
- On top of the page, find "Import & back up", then click on the "Back up Content" button.
- A pop-up will appear; click the "Save on your computer" button
- An XML file will be downloaded.
4) Import the data to WordPress.
- Log in to your WordPress.
- Go to dashboard > Tools > Import
- Find "Blogger" in the list and click "Install" WordPress will install the plugin for a minute.
- Then, click Run importer > Choose File, choose the file you'd download in Blogspot (in the XML file).
- Then, click on "Upload file and import".
That's it; all are set.
However, the entire site of your WordPress would not be like your previous blog in Blogspot. You have to edit and install back a new theme, widgets, and plugins. Only these data were transfer to your WordPress.
- Posts and Pages
Thanks for reading this simple and short tutorial; I hope this will help you, and Happy Blogging!